Castle Creations Mamba Micro X Crawler Waterproof Sensored Combo w/2280kV Slate
The Mamba Micro X Crawler Edition Slate Combo is a great option for weight conscious, competition oriented crawlers and trail runners in vehicles weighing up to 8lbs on 2S or 3S. It can also be used in slightly more aggressive applications like rock racing and hill climbing on vehicles up to 4lbs. This SPECIAL EDITION combo features motor solder posts on the ESC with 16 AWG wire and 4mm female bullets for the motor connection that have been factory installed. The ESC will come with V2.02 firmware that has been enhanced for rock crawling and sensored operation.
Castle "Slate" 1406 Sensored 4-Pole Brushless Crawler Motors are ROCK READY! With super smooth startup and low RPM control, Castle has you covered if you are looking for the ultimate motor for the trails or Ultra 4 track days. The 2280kv option is ideal for 1:10 scale low speed rock crawlers/trail runners on 2S or 3S weighing less than 8lbs, or in vehicles up to 4lbs for extended hill climbing and rock racing.
- Use of an external BEC is required if running a high power or digital servo.
- If you're looking for a more aggressive setup in a heavier rig, like rock racing and extended hill climbing, Castle recommends the Mamba X ESC.
- ESC is only compatible with 2S-3S LiPo. Motor may be capable of handling higher voltage, but you must not exceed the max voltage range of the ESC.
- 8lb max vehicle weight when used for low speed/moderate driving style; 4lbs for more aggressive driving styles.
- The Auxiliary Advantage: Mamba Micro X features the addition of a programmable Auxiliary Wire that allows you to make “on-the-go” adjustments to several settings such as torque control, and max throttle, and fine-tune the performance of your ESC right from the transmitter using an auxiliary channel on the receiver. The AUX wire function is disabled by default but is programmable via Castle Link. Once you have programmed the functionality of the AUX wire, that setting can then be adjusted on-the-go from a compatible transmitter. Try out the brand new Crawler Mode for incredible versatility!
- Telemetry Capability: The Mamba Micro X is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages, and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
- Castle Link Compatible: With the optional Castle Link USB Programming Kit you can use your Windows™ PC to easily program your controller. Adjustable settings include:
- Throttle curve
- Braking curve
- Drag brake
- Auto LiPo cutoff
- Punch Control
- Reverse Type
- Motor Type
- Additional Castle Link benefits include:
- Access to all firmware updates, including added features sets released from Castle Engineering, at no charge.
- Intuitive Demo Mode capability.
- Ability to save setup profiles for later use.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S (7.4V) - 3S LiPo (12.6V)
- BEC Specifications: Adjustable: 5.5V or 7.5V (2A Peak), default 5.5V. Use of external BEC is recommended if using a high torque/speed digital servo; the CC BEC or CC BEC 2.0 Waterproof are recommended
- Operating Environment: Waterproof* design allows for use in nearly any environment.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but can be disabled for racing
- On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof*
- Cooling Fan: No
- Length: 1.6" (41mm)
- Width: 0.75" (19mm)
- Height: 1.1" (28mm)
- Weight (without wires): 1.20 oz. (34g)
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors w/16 gauge wire; Castle sensor harness
- Items Needed for Operation: Battery Connector required, Castle 4mm polarized Connectors, Deans Ultra Plugs, or Traxxas Power Connect are recommended.
- Application Guidelines: Low speed crawling or trail running in vehicles weighing up to 8lbs.
- Recommended Motors: Castle's "Slate" crawler motors or Holmes Hobbies Puller Pro 540 "Stubby" (less than or equal to 2700kv)
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 8lbs when used for low speed/moderate driving style; 4lbs for more aggressive driving styles.
- Programmability: Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free link included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software.
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes
- Data Logging: No
- Tech Notes: *Not intended for operation while submerged in liquid. If unit is operated in wet conditions, rinse with fresh water to remove dirt or corrosives, then fully dry unit.
- Input Voltage Range: 2S-3S LiPo
- Kv: 2280
- Max. RPM: 100,000
- Can Length: 49.5mm
- Can Diameter: 36mm
- Weight (w/wires): 197 g / 6.9oz
- Shaft Length: 15mm
- Shaft Diameter: 1/8" (3.17mm) (Optional 5mm rotor replacement available)
- Mounting Hole Specifications: M3 @ 25mm
- Cooling Fan: Optional - Coming Soon
- Connectors: 4mm male Castle Bullet Connectors attached to replaceable 13 gauge wire; includes 210mm length sensored wire.
- Items Needed for Operation: Compatible Electronic Speed Control (ESC)
- Application Guidelines: Ideal for 1:10 scale rock crawlers, trail rigs, touring cars, stadium trucks and buggies on 2S-4S with appropriate gearing.
- Recommended ESC(s): Mamba Max Pro, Mamba X, Mamba Micro X
- Max. Recommended Vehicle Weight: 8lbs when used for low speed/moderate driving style like rock crawling and trail running; 4lbs for more racing and aggressive driving styles.
- Running modes: SMARTSENSE™, Sensored, Sensorless with Castle sensored capable ESCs.
- Crawler Edition Mamba Micro X w/solder posts
- 1406-2280kv sensored brushless motor
- 210mm length sensor wire (for sensored operation)
- Castle Sensor Harness adapter
- Coupon for free Castle Link USB adapter
- Driver's Ed and Quick Start Guides
- Castle decal sheet
Product Use Statements:
- Applying voltages higher than 12.6 volts will cause irreparable damage to your controller, voiding your warranty.
- Recommended battery capacity is at least 1500mAh and 25C. Castle recommends running the highest mAh that will fit in your vehicle and the highest C rating you can afford.
- The Crawler Edition Mamba Micro X has solder posts for the motor connections; includes 13 gauge wire with 4mm female bullets that connect directly to Slate motors and the battery input wires are bare. You must solder the battery connector to the wires on the ESC.
- ESC is only compatible with 2S-3S LiPo. Motor may be capable of handling higher voltage, but you must not exceed the max voltage range of the ESC